We have established TOYO Compliance, a code of ethical and legal compliance for all officers and employees, to ensure thorough compliance.
Code of Ethics and Legal Compliance
- Respect for human rights and prohibition of discrimination and harassment
- We respect human rights and do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment.
- We comply with labor-related laws and regulations, and we constantly strive to create a favorable working environment.
- Maintenance and continuation of fair business activities
- We prohibit private monopolies, unfair trade restrictions and unfair trade methods, conduct corporate activities through fair competition in the market, and maintain fair and mutually beneficial relationships with our business partners.
- We make every effort to ensure the quality and safety of our products and services.
- We maintain appropriate relationships with any business partners and will not give or receive inappropriate gifts or entertainment.
- We constantly strive to ensure the accuracy of accounting records and financial reports associated with our business activities.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of third parties.
- Security trade control
- We comply with laws and regulations concerning export control in Japan.
- We pay careful attention to laws and regulations related to export control in each country and respond as necessary.
- Exclusion of antisocial forces
- We will not have any involvement with anti-social forces such as Boryokudan.
- Social contribution and environmental conservation
- As a member of the local community, we endeavor to contribute to society and strive for harmony and development in the community.
- We do not forget consideration for the global environment and make efforts to use and save resources effectively to reduce environmental impact.
- Proper information management
- We respect the privacy of our business partners and employees, and we do our best to protect and manage personal information and other information assets properly.
Promotion structure: Risk and Compliance Committee
We have established the Risk and Compliance Committee, which periodically deliberates on the status of compliance-related risks, countermeasures, and implementation status across the company. We also analyze the risks surrounding us, develop a risk management system for important risks that have been identified, monitor the status of management, and support and promote risk management activities. The divisions in charge, which are determined for each type of risk, report the status of risks, countermeasures, and implementation status to the Risk and Compliance Committee. Should a problem occur, an extraordinary meeting will be held to investigate the facts and causes, to take corrective measures, and to prevent a recurrence.
Prohibition of bribery, excessive entertainment and gifts
TOYO Compliance establishes rules for the purpose of prohibiting and preventing bribery, excessive entertainment, corruption, as well as acts that may be regarded as such, in light of domestic and international laws and regulations. TOYO Compliance is posted on our website and distributed in pamphlets to individual employees.
Results for the fiscal year ended September 2022
- Political contributions: None
- Number of disciplinary actions taken against employees due to non-compliance with anti-corruption rules: None
- Fines for corruption or costs of settlement: None
Hotline (internal reporting system)
To detect, address, or prevent compliance risks in business activities at an early stage, we have established the Hotline, which enables all officers and employees of TOYO Corporation to receive anonymous consultation and to report such risks anonymously when they become aware of compliance violations or acts that might violate laws and regulations.
As the basis for our compliance system, we have established a code of ethics and legal compliance for directors and employees to act in accordance with laws and the Articles of Incorporation. To ensure this, we conduct regular compliance training for all employees, including temporary staff.
Security trade control
We have established the Security Trade Control Committee, chaired by the Director, Executive VP, CFO and headed by the President & CEO, to promote the appropriate, legitimate, and smooth operations of security trade control.
Roles of the Security Trade Control Committee
- Export control review
- Compliance with laws and regulations related to imports and exports, including overseas laws
- Employee training
- Internal audit
- Response to risks in overseas businesses
Organization of the Security Trade Control Committee