TOYO Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “TOYO”) recognizes that the protection of personal information of our customers and of those associated with us is an important responsibility in this advanced information and telecommunications society. In addition to complying with laws, regulations, and other norms related to the protection of personal information, and keeping international trends in mind, we will establish voluntary rules and systems and will strive to appropriately manage, protect, and handle personal information.
Established on March 1, 2005
Last updated on May 9, 2023
Mitsuru Onodera, Chief Information Security Officer
Management and handling
- In acquiring personal information, we will not only use lawful and fair means, but also clarify the objectives of use, etc., and obtain consent from the person who is the subject of the personal information, or publish necessary information on our website. When we acquire personal information indirectly, we will publish on our website the objectives of use of the personal information and other necessary matters concerning the personal information to be acquired.
- We will use personal information only for the objectives set forth in the Objectives of Use below. In the event that we share personal information with a third party or entrust the handling of personal information to a third party, we will conduct a rigorous investigation of said third party and exercise appropriate supervision to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations, we will not provide any personal information to any third party without prior approval of the person who is the subject of the personal information.
- We will implement the safeguard measures below as part of the management of personal information:
- We will maintain the accuracy of personal information and manage it in a secure manner.
- We will take appropriate information security measures against unauthorized access, computer viruses, etc. to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal information.
- We will not use personal information for purposes other than those intended, remove it from its normal place of use, transmit it to outside parties, or other wise leak personal information.
- Our Officers and Employees shall not disclose personal information obtained in the course of business activities to any third party or use such personal information for illicit purposes. Such restrictions apply even after such persons leave their positions related to the business activities, and we will take necessary measures to enforce this obligation.
Objectives of use
TOYO will use personal information for the purposes below in the course of the business activities.
|Personal information provided by:||Objectives of use|
|Shareholders||Communications in relation to shareholdings, such as notices of general meetings of shareholders and dividends; exercise of rights and performance of obligations under the Companies Act, Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, and other laws and regulations; management of shareholder information|
|IR and press relations||Communications in relation to IR information and other company information|
|Applicants to join TOYO||Provision of corporate information and necessary communication to applicants for employment with TOYO or prospective employees of TOYO|
|Inquirers||Responses to inquiries and comments to TOYO|
|Visitors to our website||
In the course of business activities, TOYO will jointly use personal information in order to implement appropriate services depending on the region and the nature of the transaction or inquiry.
|Items of personal information to be jointly used||Company name, company address, office, affiliation, title, name, age, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.|
|Persons who use personal information jointly with TOYO||
Scope of persons who will use personal information jointly with TOYO
|Objectives of Joint use||
|Manager responsible for joint use||TOYO Corporation|
Handling of information on our websites
On TOYO’s website, the following information will be handled through web-related technologies and services.
Information to be handled
Our website collects access logs such as information on pages visited by viewers and the duration of their visit. Such information will be recorded anonymously or in association with personal information held by TOYO. Such information will be used to improve the usability of the website, to improve and enhance the information provided through the website, and for market trend surveys and analysis.
IP address/web browser information
Our website collects and records IP addresses and web browser information of site visitors. Such information is not personally identifiable information and is used to investigate the cause of errors or to take actions in the event of website outages or other problems.
Technologies and services used
Our website uses a technology called “cookies.” “Cookies” are small bits of information that a web server sends to your browser and is an industry-standard technology for identifying your computer for the effective use of the Internet. You can set your browser to disable the “cookie” function, but this may disable all or part of the services on our web pages.
Some pages of our website use “web beacons” (also called “clear GIFs”), a technology that tells us how many times a particular page has been accessed. The statistical data obtained from these “web beacons” will be used for the improvement of our website.
Links to websites other than TOYO website
- Google Analytics
- Provider: Google
- “Google’s use of data when a user uses Google partners’ site and apps” page
- List Finder
- Provider: Innovation Inc.
- Account Engagement (former Pardot)
- Provider: Salesforce Japan Co., Ltd.
- Provider: Cloud CIRCUS Inc.
Requests for Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information and Inquiries
If you wish to request disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, or disclosure of records of provision to third parties of your personal information, please contact us at the e-mail address below. Unless there are special circumstances such as restrictions by laws and regulations, we will respond to your request as soon as possible. In that case, we may ask for your cooperation in confirming your identification in order to prevent any unauthorized acquisition of personal information by third parties. If you have any comments or questions concerning the handling of personal information, please contact us at the following e-mail address.
E-mail address for matters pertaining to personal information: firstname.lastname@example.org