In today’s highly advanced information society, TOYO Corporation and its group companies (hereinafter referred to as TOYO Group) recognize the protection of the personal information of our customers and of those associated with us as an important responsibility. While strictly observing all the Japanese laws and regulations on the protection of personal information and keeping international norms in mind, we strive to manage, protect and handle the personal information provided to us by implementing the following policy and voluntary rules through our own enforcement systems.
Established on March 1, 2005
Last updated on December 24, 2020
Toshiya Kohno, President & CEO
Management and handling
- We acquire personal information only by lawful and fair means. In acquiring personal information, we inform the individuals concerned of the objectives of such acquisition for prior consent or publish on our website the objectives and other necessary information concerning the acquisition. When we acquire personal information indirectly, we will publish on our websites the objectives of such acquisition and other necessary information.
- We will use personal information only for the objectives set forth in the [Objectives of use] below. We may share personal information with a third party or commission a third party to handle personal information only after confirming through careful scrutiny that the party is reliable and placing the party under our appropriate supervision to maintain the secrecy of the personal information.
- Unless otherwise stipulated by the Japanese laws or regulations, we will not disclose any personal information to any third party without prior approval of the individual concerned.
- We will implement the safeguard measures below as part of the management of personal information:
- We will maintain the accuracy of personal information and manage it in a secure manner.
- We will take appropriate information security countermeasures against unauthorized access, computer viruses, and other hazards to ensure that personal information will be securely saved and kept from loss, damage, improper alteration or leakage.
- We will use personal information only to the extent authorized by the individuals concerned and at the designated places; we will never transmit it to outside parties contrary to the intended use of personal information.
- Our Officers and Employees will refrain from disclosing personal information which came to their knowledge in the course of business activities to any third party or from using such personal information for illicit purposes. Such restrictions apply even after their retirement, and we will take appropriate measures to enforce this obligation.
Objectives of use
TOYO Group will use personal information for the purposes below in the course of business activities.
|Personal information provided by:||Objectives of use|
|Suppliers and customers||
|Shareholders||Provision of information related to shareholding such as general meetings of shareholders and dividends; exercise of rights and performance of obligations under the Companies Act, Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, etc.; management of shareholder information|
|Those involved in IR (investor relations) and the press||Provision of IR information and other company information|
|Applicants to join TOYO Group||Provision of corporate information and necessary communication to the prospective and future employees of TOYO Group|
|Inquirers||Responses to the inquiries and comments to TOYO Group|
|Visitors to our websites||
In the course of business activities, TOYO Group will jointly use personal information among the Group companies within the scope of the Objectives of use in order to implement appropriate services depending on the region, transactions and inquiries.
|Items of personal information to be shared among the Group companies||Company name, company address, office, affiliation, title, name, age, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.|
|TOYO Group companies that will use personal information jointly||Please follow the link here (Overseas Subsidiaries).|
|Company responsible for the shared use of personal information||TOYO Corporation|
Handling of information on our websites
On the websites operated by TOYO Group, the following information will be handled through web-related technologies and services.
Information to be handled
On the websites of TOYO Group, we collect access logs containing information such as the pages visited by viewers and the duration of their visits. Such information will be recorded anonymously or in association with personal information owned by TOYO Group. Such information will be used to improve the convenience of the websites, to enhance the information provided through the websites, and for market trend survey and analysis.
IP address and web browser information
TOYO Group websites collect and record the IP addresses of the site visitors and information on the web browsers. Such information is used to investigate and address the causes of troubles such as website failures, not to identify individuals.
Technologies and services used by TOYO Group websites
On TOYO Group websites, a technology called Cookie is used. This is an industry-standard technology for identifying a visitor's computer by having the server send a small amount of information to the visitor's browser, for effective Internet usage. The visitors can disable Cookies in their browser settings. However, it may become impossible to use part or all of the services on our websites in that case.
On some pages of TOYO Group websites, a technology called Web Beacon (also called Clear GIF) is used to monitor how many times certain pages have been accessed. The statistics data obtained by the Web Beacons will be used for improvement of TOYO Group websites.
Links to websites other than TOYO Group websites
Use of web access analysis services
- Google Analytics
- Provider: Google
- List Finder
- Provider: Innovation Inc.
- Provider: salesforce.com Co.,Ltd.
If you request that TOYO Group disclose, correct, stop using, or delete your personal information, please contact the e-mail address below. Unless there are special circumstances such as restrictions by laws and regulations, we will comply with your request as soon as possible. In that case, we may need to confirm your identification in order to prevent any unauthorized acquisition of personal information by third parties.
Also, if you have any comments or questions concerning the handling of personal information, please contact the following e-mail address.
E-mail address for matters pertaining to personal information: email@example.com